Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Socks, socks....

I remember I had made socks a long time ago. and I knitted in a traditional way. It started from the top then the heel flap, the turn heel, and joined in the gusset, joined in the round again finished at the toe.
It sounds like work, right? I think that is why so many knitters don't like knit socks. Then this Winter I met some knitting who love to knit socks and in a very different way. So learn something new is what I always like to try.
This Xmas I made socks for my 2 daughters and Tom. These socks I tried 2 different ways. I have to say I love the new ways making socks.
Cast on use magic loop, then the heel part I use German short method, then continue knitting to the top then bind off. 
I also learned knit sock afterthought heel. Which is always is fun to do.

 Tom's socks I use magic loop CO, the heel I use short row. so the socks are no sewed, knitted totally in one piece.



 Jade's socks start from the toe, magic loop, all the way to top then BO. then back to heel, a stitch mark the row needs to be cut. insert need on top and bottom row of the marker.
 then cut, it may sound scary, but this is the way work.

 then knit around, finish the heel.
 and use Kitchener stitch finish off the heel.


No comments:

Post a Comment